Thursday 31 March 2016

Easter hols, here we come :)

Ahhhhhhh . . . . . and breathe :)  I definitely feel it's time to take a little break, and with eldest son home from university (to study for exams - poor thing!!) and youngest son on his school hols, we're all set to take a little break - yay!

I've worked hard on my Etsy shop the last month or two - transferring all my products was a bit of hard grind, but I was rewarded by a few sales which was great!  I decided to reward myself by buying some gorgeous Japanese designer fabric (I have a fetish for it!).  I really enjoy using them as very lavish linings for my tweed collage purses - just a cute surprise when you open a zipper purse and see these delicious designer fabrics inside - yum :)

I was really delighted with my purchases (all fat quarters I think) . . .


I seem to have gone all "mellow yellow" for my fabric choices!  Two of them are a cotton/linen blend and the other is a nice weight cotton.

I'm not sure yet what we will be doing on our hols but it's a lovely time of year.  We will have the pleasure of seeing our next door neighbour's lambs bouncing around hopefully and I have a list of things we really need to do outside as we have a rather large garden which needs sorting.

The construction of a hen house is still on the agenda but if that will happen these holidays or not, I don't know - will definitely be making space for it that's for sure :)  Lots of other things to do too though!

I'm not going to list all the new items in my shop, but I did add a little softie as I haven't made one for a while.  He was really fun to make, so I added him as a custom order . . . . 


Here he is outside in his natural habitat . . .


Anyway, he's obviously feeling a little sleepy - me too, as it's a little late and I'm ready for my last day at the office for a week or so.

See you in a week or two - Happy Easter!

Alison x

2 comments:

Gaia said...

Love the detail work on the owl, it is so cute!

mamasmercantile said...

Impressive owl, a great make.