Thursday 29 May 2014

A library visit and other stuff . . .

I found myself stranded in our local town of Stornoway this week for an appointment with an hour on either side of it to while away (and not much cash in my pocket!).  What to do - ah, the library - I hadn't been for a while - such a great place.  I lucked out with two great finds . . . 


. . . Fabulous books - Granny Chic by 'Dottie Angel' and Ted and Agnes' and 'Homemade Gifts Vintage Style' by Sarah Moore - so inspiring!  

Both books had me rummaging in my doily collection this morning . .


Mmmmmmm - yummy, creamy goodness of frothy lace - just perfick for lots of projects :) :)

Earlier in the week I treated myself to a couple of online patterns (It's 'be good to me' week, haha!!  Didn't you know?????) . . .


One is a Fair Isle Fish softie pattern by Julia Marsh - I had to have it - seem to have a fishy fetish recently!  It looks so cute I'm really looking forward to having a go.  The next one is Vintage Rose Bracelet by Maya Kuzman (Little Treasures) - I'll admit I've already started it today.  Couldn't wait! . . . 


It seems to be going OK - some picots going on there which I was a little nervous of at first - but we got there!  I'll show you this when it's finished - it's supposed to be a Victorian romantic inspired piece - how lovely!

Enjoying just making and reading about making this week - no pressure!  

Cheery Bye! :)
Alison xx

3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

I have both of those books and they are fabulous :) Enjoy!

homemade@myplace said...

very romantic choices this week!!!!!!
I'm curious to see when all your crafts are completed!!!!
Enjoy crocheting, xxxxxx ale

june at noon said...

I can just picture you muttering to yourself and rummaging for doilies. (I had to add the muttering; that's what I'd be doing!) :)