Saturday 24 November 2012

Playing with Colours . . .

Yesterday this lovely ball of yarn was waiting for me when I got home from work - it's sock-yarn inspired by the colours of Van Gogh's painting, Bedroom in Arles (you  can  see it on the yarn label) - I couldn't resist the concept of a pair of handknitted socks with such a fabulous colour palette from one of the great masters!

   No rush with this project though - I know exactly how long it takes to make a pair - a  VERY long time!!  (especially with size 2.5 mm needles - a bit ambitious I know!)

. . . on the tweedie front, I whipped up this mini patchwork cushion this week . . . 

Sometimes it's nice just to make something very simple - I think the beautiful tweeds speak for themselves, I just had to sew them together, no further embellishment required!  I do love the colours though :)  It's in the shop here.

I'm taking a relaxed approach to tweedie-business at the moment, popping items into my shop when I can, and trying to sneak a little personal crafting in too - my plans to make Christmas gifts is running a little late to say the least - perhaps I'll manage one or two yet :) 

How's your Christmas list going - faster than mine I bet!

Off to have a cuppa and a little peek at my new yarn - just looking . . . . honest, hehe!!!  I do like a little drool over my crafting supplies  from time to time :)  

I'll keep you posted on any new items I pop into the shop - I have a few more ideas for 'tweedie' creations to make (and some to finish - ooops!) :)

Have a lovely weekend :)
Alison  x

4 comments:

Fruitful Fusion said...

That yarn looks lovely and so does that tweedy goodness! Yes, it's simply perfect the way it is!

Claire said...

Hey Alison, whoever came up with the concept of making yarn up inspired by the colours in Van Gogh's paintings or anyone's paintings is on a winner I think.
If I could knit socks I would definitely buy that yarn.......
Look forward to seeing how they turn out....2.5mm kneedles wow!!
Love your cushion it's got some Van Gogh colours in it too I think.....
All the best with your crafting, I realised I had an 'extra' market on next weekend, so I know what I'm going to be doing.
Warming up here meant to be 35de.g today!!
Claire x

Kat McNally said...

You're so clever, just "whipping up" gorgeou creations like that cushion! It'd take me months to do something like that (seriously).
How have you been since Blogtoberfest? I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.
Would be so rapt if you joined us!
There’s a little giveaway too. :-)
Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html
Take care
Kat xxx

june at noon said...

Well, now, that's an inspired way to choose color palettes for yarn--and to get people to buy it! Love it!

My Christmas list is very lacking in handmade items this year--just don't have the time, motivation, or ideas this time around. I think the crafting frenzy of a few years ago wiped me clean for a while!