Wednesday 3 October 2012

Woollie Wonder and the Missing Beanies

Having got used to my double pointed knitting needles, I found myself at the end of last week with nothing to occupy them with while I was waiting for my sock yarn to arrive.  Well, having discovered the awesomeness of knitting in the round I had to keep the momentum going, so I thought I'd have a go at a knitted beanie from a pattern from Ravelry.  Yes, I do seem to be going through a particularly enthusiastic crafty curve at the moment (better roll with it, hehe!).  

Now that I have to post every day you are going to be subjected to every last detail of my crafty existence - sorry!!  I didn't intend to post all my knitting adventures too, but here goes :)  Last year I learnt how to make crochet beanies, and my teenage son was delighted with his, but I thought I'd like to make a knitted version this year, so here it is . . . my Woollie Wonder . . .(so named because I WONDER who'll wear it, haha) . . .

It's not the beanie-shape I hoped for or expected - but it DID work.  I'm just trying to find someone to wear it in the family now!  I have another couple of patterns for beanies from Ravelry which I might give a go - I'm becoming an ardent Ravelry fan, it's great to find out other people's experiences with a pattern before you go head first into trying it out yourself :)

Here are a couple of last year's crochet beanies which I made as Xmas presents for my Sis and her boyfriend - the terrible thing is that they got lost in the post (the beanies, not my sis and her boyfriend - silly!!! :)) . . .

I made them with some gorgeous Noro yarn - the first time I'd ever used it - beautiful stuff!   Well, they never turned up and in the festive-frenzie, I forgot to put a Sender's address on the back of the package - guess who won't be doing that again :(  Somebody, somewhere is wearing my Noro beanies - I hope you've enjoyed them, whoever you are!!!!  I'll be trying Noro again though this year - it is such lovely yarn, gorgeous colours.  

I'll be putting a Sender's address on whatever item I send/make, with it, though - so no FREE Noro beanies or Noro 'anything-else' this year, sorry!!! :D

Bye for now
Alison x

4 comments:

Biba said...

Oh, what a shame about the beanies, they're really lovely! Hopefully someone made good use of them last winter... :) I love the title of your post - sounds like an adventurous cartoon story!

homemade@myplace said...

I would love to wear your new beanie, but not here in JK!!!!
xxxxvAlessandra

Claire said...

ALison what a shame the beanies were lost, just don't delete the pics you have photographic evidence that you made them.........there were rather lovely .
You are on a learning curve at the moment, good on you. I'm afraid I'm, well behind you.......
I'm sure someone will wear and love the new beanie.

CLaire :}

tinajo said...

Aww, such a bummer - they do look lovely though!