Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sun, Sea and Shells . . .

I've just climbed up on top of the boys old den outside to take a pic of some seashells against the beautiful drop-back of Broadbay, glistening in the sunlight - I'm lucky that I didn't fall through the roof!, it's getting a bit decrepit through lack of use and attention. That's a little sad - the youngest kiddo claims there's too many creepy-crawlies inside it to play there - sheeesh, kids are so soft these days! I didn't quite get the pic I wanted but the shells looked pretty against the sunbleached plywood . . .

I'm thinking of drilling holes in these shells and incorporating them into my 'tweedie' garlands - well, experimenting with them at least :) OK, I'm thinking of getting my Other Half to drill some holes in them - got to keep him busy, hehe!

Off to make some 'tweedie' critters for the local Arts Centre shop today as they have kindly agreed to take some stock from me after a couple of years absence - so quite happy about that. Oh, must also go and wash my face in the morning dew being the 1st of May and all, or perhaps just slap a little mascara on - usually works OK for me, hehe! :)

'Speak' soon :)

P.S. Here's the beautiful drop-back of Broadbay this morning, as taken from the top of the rickety old den . . .

Alison x

2 comments:

Claire said...

What a beautiful day Alison......welcome to May....

I'm with the boys on the creepy-crawlies in their den, I pulled a letter out of the mail box yesterday and a big Huntsman spider fell onto my arm, eeeek!!

I love the shells, what a great idea to incorporate them into your tweedie makes.......

Love your view of Broadbay, you certainly live in a picturesque part of the globe.

Claire x

june at noon said...

That may have made an interesting discovery for your family--you crashed through the roof, covered in seashells and creepy crawlies! (Glad it didn't happen that way.)