Monday 19 December 2011

Better Late than . . .

Sorry, much later than anticipated I'm revealing my bunting - all FIVE flags! (it's very short bunting and would be more suited for hanging along a mantlepiece) - I'm pleased how it turned out, but that gold lurex thread still irks me and it's yet to be hung permanently. I hung it here for the sake of taking a photo, against the backdrop of one of my brother's pastel drawings which hangs over my mantlepiece . . .

. . . I prefer the uninterrupted view of my landscape picture so the bunting hasn't yet found a permanent home! Very enjoyable to make though, and I'm looking forward to making more along the same lines - I really like the traditional plaid effect against the tweed (minus the gold thread of course!!!) . . .

It's been a bit hectic here between a coughy, spluttery husband and other events which seemed intent on scuppering my Christmas preparation plans, but I think I'm on track now - too late to panic now in any case! I have one last gift to make, if I'm lucky I'll make it today. My crochet cushion was finished off, but I cheated and used cream tweed for the backing - I'd still quite like to add a lace crochet border but time is running out . . .

I really wished I'd been able to make more of my own decs, and other handcrafted goodies, but other events have taken over - I bought these cute ones at work, which were made by students with learning needs. They had a lovely stall and had oranges decorated with cloves and ribbon, but I kept mine on my desk at work - to remind me of what I could be doing if I was at home!

Never mind, soon be Christmas - later-gaters! :)

3 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Love the bunting Alison!

Merry Christmas to you and your family

janet xox

Claire said...

Great bunting Alison, love the tartan binding, it looks great.
Your little bought decos look wonderful love the stamped star and hearts.

Well done on finishing your cushion too. The flower on the front stands out, looks great too. I think the tweed backing is a great idea and I'm sure it looks fine.

Hoep it's not too chilly there, blue skies and sunshine here today. I'm going to get my hands dirty gardening.

Claire :}

june at noon said...

In the right lighting, I can't even see that gold thread, so maybe you just need to find the right spot for hanging that bunting. ;)

Lovely Christmas goodies. Merry Christmas to you!