Thursday 10 March 2011

my creative 'breathing' space . . .

My creative space today is a very relaxed affair - I'm having a browse at this lovely pile of vintage lace which I'm hoping to use to add some more texture to my mixed-media card in the background. Yes, I'm still knocking about with this idea - well, I did say I wasn't in a hurry :) I did try to get some old lace in my local thrift shop but there was none to be had, so I relied on good old Etsy instead - what a treasure trove it is! I'm going to enjoy just looking at this lovely pile of yumminess, before I even think of getting the scissors out - that will be the painful bit!

After spending an intensive two entire days doing the Spring clean (Part II!) at the beginning of the week, today I'm enjoying the simple beauty of some lovely citrus fruit in my favourite bowl, which I can now enjoy without all the clutter that had gathered around it. There's a lot to be said for being tidy!

Off to have my coffee break now and embark on some lace-love! More creative 'peeps' over at Kirsty's place :)

Cheerio an Drasda

4 comments:

Bec said...

Hope you enjoy playing, looks like fun.

Biba said...

Looking forward to your new project!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Oh...Oh...Oh....Lace!!!!! I love that lace and you know me...no hesitation with the scissors ;-)

Janet xox

june at noon said...

Such pretty lace! And now you've reminded me a I meant to have a Clementine for my snack. Off I go!