Monday 14 February 2011

Sweet Inspiration

A chance visit to out local Art Gallery (An Lanntair) last week involved the purchase of this catalogue of an exhibition which the Gallery hosted over the festive season. I wasn't blogging much at the time so it went undocumented! Looking through the catalogue over the weekend however, brought the whole experience back and through reading the accompanying text about the talented people behind these creations, I found it really inspiring. Much of the scrap metal used in this particular exhibition was taken from old Singer sewing machines - you'd really have to see it to understand it though!

If you Google 'Sharmanka' you will find out all about the wonderful artist (Eduard Bersudsky) and the other talented members of the group - I would love to visit their Gallery/Workshop in Glasgow, perhaps on my next visit :)

After such lofty, creative thoughts, I'd better go and do my Monday chores - boo hoo!

Back later in the week :)

No comments: