Wednesday 7 April 2010

our creative spaces

I spent this afternoon working on a custom order for one of my laptop sleeves - it's a bit more regimented work after having fun with my 'art-dolls' earlier on this week - but, hey it's always good to have an order to work on! Gretchen's lovely decorative pins came in handy, and they look cute too!

If you have an aversion to fish, look away now! How's this for a catch - my boys, OH, brother and nephew were on a big fishing trip today, and here's the haul - pretty good, eh? Grilled trout for lunch tomorrow!!

Sorry to those who are a bit 'icky' about fish - personally, I love the markings on these brown trout :) The boys should sleep well tonight after trecking around a loch all day, but they're having a sleepover with their cousin, so . . .

More creative spaces here.

7 comments:

yardage girl said...

The fish are lovely - I agree with you about the markings. maybe you should make tweed fish?

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love fish...and I must say, you have very fancy pins...;-)

june at noon said...

Nice pins. ;)

The markings on the fish are indeed beautiful, but I'm still a bit icky about fish. Ha!

Jennifer Rose said...

fresh fish is the best :) and home caught is even better

Marion said...

I think the fish look great. (I'm sure they'll taste great too). But the way they are laid out on the newspaper - would make a great print or painting.

Tweed Thoughts said...

Cool idea, Marion - maybe even a contemporary embroidery piece! :D

Michelle said...

Fresh trout is the best! We have one here that hbby caught on the weekend and smoked. Delicious!