Wednesday 14 April 2010

my creative space . . .

At the old 'office job' today - but got home to a lovely delivery of tweed. The weaver lives to the north of the island in a village called Ness. I'd spotted a beautiful 'natural white' tweed amongst his selection, so I just had to . . . :) I was struggling to take a photo of it to show you how beautiful it is, so I draped it around my shoulders and now I really love it even more - darn you 'Creative Space'!!! - I'll have even more difficulty cutting into it now :D

Here's the lovely card which came with it . . .

It tells the tale of this beautiful cloth . . .

. . . I love this fabric - it makes me feel completely in tune with my culture and surroundings. Why wouldn't anyone love it - it's beautiful!

More creative spaces here :)

Oidhche Mhath!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely, hope you gain the courage to cut into it :)

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

This is why we love you Alison! Anyone who feels that way about fabric is ok in my book...;-)

june at noon said...

Well, you could make a little something for yourself, thus making the cutting into a teeny bit easier. ;)

Kirsty said...

Such a gorgeous colour!

Tracey@bountifully said...

lovely, I can see why you would want to wrap yourself up in it!

74 Lime Lane said...

That has completely redefined my idea of "tweed". It looks luxurious and divine!

Biba said...

Ooh, we must be soul sisters as well! I share every feeling about Harris Tweed with you! I rather envy you that you live where you do - I would immensely love to be your neighbour...

Thank you for the lovely comment on 'Blossom'!

florcita said...

It is beautiful! i love tweed! well, it's wool and I love wool!
I really thought it was a wrap what you had bought. Maybe you should keep this piece for yourself and apply your embroidery skills to it :)

michelle said...

beautiful. isn't it lovely to know that when you make something you are creating a piece of history

squareby said...

Yikes, I don't think I would be able to cut into that either! Every time I went to do something with it I'd probably just end up petting it.