Friday 30 April 2010

Merry Go Round - April

It's the last Friday of the month, which means it's 'Merry Go Round' post time! I have joined with a lovely group of crafty/arty ladies who meet up once a month to discuss a chosen theme or topic. This month we each had to make something for another 'Merrier' in the group and then show what we have received in this post.

The handmade gift I received from Agathe was absolutely amazing, and as I mentioned to her, I think I gasped when I opened it as it was so unexpected and so fabulous! Agathe was keen to note the link between Scotland and France, and used this amazing hessian fabric which features a thistle emblem and a 'Fleur de Lys' emblem, to create this lovely and roomy shoulder bag - how cool is that!!

Agathe and I don't really know each other that well, so I thought it was quite amazing that she made something which appealed to me so much - she must have a little ESP I think! Here's some pics of the lovely bag:

Lovely button feature . . .

. . . and roomy pockets inside:

and her own classy designer label too . . .

Thank you Agathe - it was a lovely gift to receive and I know I will get lots of use out of it! My handmade gift was for Fabienne, if you want to check it out :)

See what 'goodies' the other 'Merriers' received below:

Mitsy at ArtMind
Kim at Vilt a la Kim
Sara at Saras Texture Crafts
Fabienne at Easterya Jewellery
Mariana at Florcita
Agathe at Le Bar du Vent
Lily at Lily Pang Art and Design
Ruth at Birdland Creations

If I'm a little more absent from my blog over the next couple of weeks it's because I'll be trying to get some of my Gallery shop stock together - I MUST be disciplined and get down to some hard graft, hehe! Well it's nice to get that occasional cheque in the post and it keeps my little business ticking over (just!). I'm sure I'll manage to peer out from my mountain of tweed from time to time though :)

Byeeeee!

12 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

What a beautiful gift she made you! I think it's super thoughful and I suspect you'll be using it lots! :)

june at noon said...

Oooh, lucky you. Gorgeous materials!

Lily Pang said...

Really amazing bag! Wonderful!

Biba said...

What a precious gift! You're one lucky crafter!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Wonderfull bag Agathe made for you!! Hope you'll manage to get loads of energy and time in your shop!!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Lucky girl!!

Jennifer Rose said...

what a lovely bag :D

meherio68 said...

:-)

Easterya said...

Gorgeous bag!!! Agathe is multitalented, very impressive!!:)

Ruth said...

I love it! What wonderful fabric. I haven't seen Agathe's bags before ...how come I've missed them?

florcita said...

What a cool bag! I love the colors and the countries references are very cool!
Lucky you!

Sara Millis said...

I love the bag... wow!
Sx