Monday 1 March 2010

Weekend Work and a Winner!

Well, here I am, on the dot - 3 pm! We keep a tight ship here at Tweed Delights, and if you believe that you'll believe anything, hehe! The Random Number Thingummy Jig came up with number 3, who happens to my good friend Mojca, and it wasn't a fix - honest!!! If you'll send me an e-mail Mojca to tell me which colour of pincushion you would like, I'll be sending both the pincushion and the 'tweedie' ladybird kit to you very soon. Thanks to everyone who commented and entered the Giveaway - it was great to get some feedback on my products too! I hope to do more Giveaways, so don't despair if you didn't win, there'll be other chances :)

Pheeew, got that sorted! Now onto business as usual - 'tweedying'. Just a few quick pics of some creations I was working on at the weekend:

These 'tweedie' seahorses will hopefully make it into my Etsy shop this week, once I've added the sequins. I couldn't resist using some of my new Fuschia pink tweed - I was going to be 'grown up' and reserve it for my home-decor items, but I just couldn't help myself from dipping into it! I think it turned out really nice. The black tweed version was also something I just wanted to try - I only have a very small stock of black tweed, so I've been very 'mean' with it!

Last but not least, I had a go with one of my art-dolls - it came out quite different from perhaps expected (I ditched the belly-dancer spangly discs - they just didn't fit in!) but I'm quite pleased with it. Just lots of textures, fabrics, etc. intermingled - pure wool felt hair (natural dye pigments seemingly, unlike mine!!), printed tape from a lovely Etsy shop, with 'Alice in Wonderland' text which is bizarrely very 'current' (I've had it for a while), and some lovely tweedy bits all put together to create, I'm not sure what!! Sort of a strange mix of Celtic, Hebridean, and is actually quite child friendly as there are no buttons on this one. Hopefully to be put into the shop this week too.


It was great fun putting the doll together, but what about the other doll-body? Yes, I did show two of them last week, but there's a little story to tell about the other one! I'll tell you more later in the week - it's quite entertaining!

Over and above that, I finished a custom order which was sent off to New Jersey, USA today - hope it arrives safely (One of my i-phone pouches which was lovely to make in a bright, zingy tweed!) I'll hopefully be working on a new product this week too, which came about from an enquiry through my website - it's no wonder my Other Half complains about not having 'matching' socks! I hope Mariana is still working on that 'time/space/physics' research she mentioned in her last post (her goal is ultimately to slow down/expand time) 'cos I'm seriously running out of it again - Oh Dear!

Bye for Now and well done Mojca!!

5 comments:

june at noon said...

I love the color of the pink seahorse, but I really like the texture on the gray one--almost looks like it has scales.

Nice little lady there, too.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love your sweet doll!

Jenifir said...

I know that I am addicted to pink! Especially the pink of the seahorse so I understand why you needed to use it. The doll looks great; funny how we can store up things that all of a sudden are current.

Biba said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I'm so thrilled! The e-mail has been sent!

Swirlyarts said...

Love the new art doll and that pink seahorse looks fab!