Saturday 13 February 2010

Nom Nom - No??

After seeing a cookery programme with 'Little S' a couple of weeks ago, based on favourite family recipes (the 'Hairy Bikers', just for info!) I promised that I'd make a lemon meringue pie as I hadn't made one in a very long time - perhaps a decade even!! Two weekends have passed - the first one, I forgot to buy the cornflour for the recipe and 'Little S' tucked into the Digestive biscuits we'd bought for the crumb base.

This weekend, being half-term hols, I gave into the constant requests for the pie so I got stuck in.

We cracked the eggs . . .

We squeezed and grated the rind of 3 lemons . . .

We cooked and stirred the yummy filling (bear in mind I'm using valuable Saturday afternoon crafting time here!) . . .

bashed the biscuits for the crumb base (mixed with melted butter, of course, nom, nom!) . . .

and finally, ta raaaaaah!! . . . (OK, it's a little burnt, but . . )

And what was my 'little darling's response to such a great gastronomic success?? "Hmmmmmm, I don't really like it" - ??????????????? Don't kids just say the funniest little things - Aaaaaaaargh!! Think he was feeling a little under the weather today so we'll leave it at that!

We're on our school half-term hols this weekend so much apologies for not getting back to all the lovely comments on 'My Creative Space' this week, hope to catch up soon!

Bye for Now :)

P.S. Lemon meringue pie anyone? - there's plenty to go round, grrrrrrrr!

8 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I'll trade you..just finished baking this friday's pie...I think little 'S' would like it. Be sure to come visit on the 19th. I just posted a lovely love letter for Valentines Day ;-)

Biba said...

I actually wouldn't mind a slice. I love lemon meringue pie. Unfortunately, I make it like once in a blue moon. I can't remember the last time I did... I might get inspired, though!

theothermousie said...

That's not burnt - it's baked to perfection! It's my hubbys fave - send it across here & he'll take care of it for you - hee hee!

Happy Valentines Day xxxx

Jennifer Rose said...

I love lemon meringue pie! :D it looks really good.

Tania said...

Holy Moly - I am positively salivating (at an extremely inconvenient late night Sunday hour) and "I don't really like it"?!?!??.

Double AAAARRRGGH.

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Isn't that typical! We had a similar situation here. The Roald Dahl recipe book was found after being missing for months and my chickadees decided that 'Bruce Bogtrotters' chocolate cake should be made during the half term hols. I duly bought all the ingredients on Tuesday and promised we'd make the cake on Wednesday only to discover I'd forgotten to buy the eggs.....pretty disastrous as the recipe requires six. SIX! Don't ask.....anyway, the fish man came to the rescue on Friday morning by selling us some lovely eggs and the cake was made. I cannot believe the things that went into this cake....heart attack fodder is all I can say. Thankfully my son liked it. The wee one ate one slice but wasn't keen for a second and I ate two slices, even though it tasted a bit...well...omelettey....and I felt sick for the rest of the day hahaha
Your pie looks amazing : )

Tweed Thoughts said...

Hilarious, Aileen! My youngest preferred it the next day when he saw his 'big brother' wolfing it down!:)

florcita said...

I watched the Hairy bikers too! ahahaha Hey, I want some of that pie... I've been cravinf a lemon pie!