Monday 18 January 2010

Sunglasses Required!

If you're of a nervous disposition, look away now! Sunglasses might help to shade the glare of these bright and breezy tweeds. I had it in mind to make some 'tartan' teddies after my 'dino' versions last week, so here they are. I think I've broken just about every rule in the book with these! The checks/plaid are too large and overpowering for such a small item, probably too many colours - hooray for rule-breaking, that's what I say, I had fun making them! They'll be making their way into my shop in the next day or so - that's another box ticked!

Happy Monday :)

P.S. Now added to my Etsy shop here!

9 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hooray is right!! I love them..you are so talented
your friend,
Janet
PS.. my anonymous blogger has struck again ;-)

Biba said...

They're gorgeous! Particularly the right, pink one. I love it! I think yours is a fabulous idea. Why not break rules?

Unknown said...

Oh yes keep on breaking the rules 'cause they look great !

june at noon said...

They don't hurt my eyes--or my sensibilities--at all! I think they're great!

WendyCarole said...

They are great especially the pink one. It is not broken rules but creativity!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Thanks for the lovely comments on my 'rule-breaking' - must try this again!! :D

Jennifer Rose said...

rules are meant to be broken :D i love the big checks! and you can never have too many colours :D

Marion said...

Things get much more interesting when the rules get broken.
My favourite is the little guy on the left.

Marion x

Swirlyarts said...

Oh you need to break rules more often - these guys are great :)