Monday 9 November 2009

Lovely Blog Award!


Hooray! - I've been awarded this lovely Blog Award by WendyCarole . The award was instigated by Auntpittypat.

The rules of The Aunt Pitty Pat's award are: Accept the award and post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Here goes FIVE lovely 'newish' blogs which I'd like to pass the award onto (I couldn't manage 15!) Enjoy :)

Angels and Blossoms - fab blog about love of craft, style and everyday life! (Slovenia)

The Mrs - lovely, sumptuous blog about sewing, craft and family life. (The Netherlands)

Embroidered Originals Blog - the ins and outs of running a successful crafts business. (Scotland)

Uist Lady - entertaining reflections about life on a Hebridean Island (North Uist, Outer Hebrides)

The Empty Nest - great fun blog by a very crafty lady! (Virginia, USA) - not so new to me!

All of the blogs have something different about them that I like and there's a bit of an international mix! Some are newly discovered and some not so new. Hope my recipients don't mind me mentioning them, and I understand that not all will be able to/or have time, to pass the award on! But it's nice to get an award anyway on a Monday morning :)

Hope you enjoy visiting them - you never know, they might even offer you some tea and cake while you're there, hehe!! (I'm sure they all make some kind of cake - they're very hospitable!) I'm off to have my breakfast now 'cos it's very early for me to be blogging - byeee :)

P.S. If you get any cake, tell me - I'll be demanding some myself, haha!

6 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Thank you Alison...and yes, I am swamped at the moment. As soon as this NY show is done I will take care of my lovely award. I did visit all the other ladies and you are spot on..they are wonderful! Thanks for introducing them to me..I love finding new bloggers to follow. My little bird arrived safely and I love her ;-)
your friend,
Janet

Tweed Thoughts said...

Brilliant - thanks Janet :)!

Marion said...

Awww shucks, thank you!!!
Believe it or not, I've got a pineapple upside down cake sitting in the cupboard. I may be a harassed, stressed out businesswoman(!) but I'm also a Mum, and No 2 child - 6 foot tall 26 year old - was home for the weekend. So I baked. There's some left if anyone wants it!

Biba said...

Thank you so much!!! I'm truly and honestly thrilled, I've been a blogger for less than two months and I've got a reward! I will definitely pass it on but I'll have to do some research first and actually find some new blogs, perhaps? I'd definitely pass it to you but it probably doesn't work that way...

uistlady said...

Amazing, thanks, I feel very, very honoured. Like Biba I need to find some blogs apart from your own to follow! But it shall be done, as there is nothing nicer than bringing recognition and appreciation to another person.xx

Tweed Thoughts said...

Great fun folks - I think we should all have some of Marion's 'pineapple upside down cake' while it's going!! Hehe :)