Thursday 2 July 2009

my creative space . . .

My creative space this week comprises of me drooling over these two sets of fabric you see in my photograph - and they both make me very happy! I mentioned in my previous post about finding a local weaver who is selling his own tweed (as opposed to through a tweed-mill), and I was delighted to get some of this tweed from him in the post, a couple of days ago.

The Matryoshka fabric came in the post from Japan to replenish my stock of it - I got a warm fuzzy glow from getting both fabrics within days of each other. They both came with a nice friendly handwritten note - one difference being that one came from Japan, and the other came from a village about 20 miles from where I live - I thought that was kinda cute! I love the juxtaposition of the two fabrics.

My boys are on their school summer break now, so I won't get further than drooling over these (off to dental appointments, hair appointments, etc). Never mind, the sense of anticipation is almost as enjoyable : )

Kootoyoo is on her hols but I thought I'd carry on with the weekly ritual!

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

both are really nice pieces of fabric, look really good together :)

june at noon (Gretchen) said...

I really like the fabrics together. Can't wait to see what you'll do with them!