Monday 25 May 2009

A poem

I've been inspired for the last week or so by a series of TV programmes called 'Poetry Season', so I thought I'd post one of my own for a bit of a laugh on a Monday morning! McGonagall eat your heart out!

Ode to Housework
Housework is constant,
it never goes away,
It ebbs, and it flows,
like the rippling tide,
bringing flotsam and jetsam
in its never-ending stride.

It’s there in the morning,
It’s there in the evening,
Like my best buddy,
It’s always by my side,
Like an unwanted house-guest,
It stubbornly resides.

It never runs out,
there’s a constant supply,
of laundry and dishes and
litter and . . . . “sigh”,
. . . housework.

. . . and a snapshot of some of my 'housework' this morning - yes, I will throw out the mug with the chip on it as soon as I can bring myself to do it, such a cute kitty though!!

Cheerio an Drasda and Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

I see your house suffers from the ever present homeless, nameless yellow plastic object as well.....No matter how many times you through them in the toy box, tidy them into the odd bits and bobs drawer, they always turn up within a bunch of stuff that needs tidied away. What they are and where they come from is probably one of life's mysteries along with 'where do all the odd socks go?'
Housework....bah! : )

Tweed Thoughts said...

Haha - yes the nameless little plastic objects are a permanent feature in our house! Pity a certain little boy isn't so smart at putting them back where they came from :)