Monday 23 March 2009

Cute fabric

I was delighted to receive a little package of cute Japanese fabric in the post on Saturday. From Japan to the Outer Hebrides of Scotland in less than a week! It's a small world. I've had a notion in my head to combine the two fabrics after coming across some lovely 'kawaii' fabric on Etsy. I'm laughing at myself as I write this as this 'kawaii' thing is quite new to me. 40+ (ahem) years of age and I'm trying to impress my kids that I know what 'kawaii' means!!

Anyway, I couldn't resist trying out my new fabric over the weekend and came up with these simple little pin cushions. I've added them to my Folksy shop, where 'Morag' the rag doll has also been listed, and some cute fabric buttons which took me long enough to list!! Hebridean-time - talk about a slower pace of life!! Think I must be the epitome of that phrase : )

Cheerio an Drasda!

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

the look really cute :) nice choice of tweed colours, go really well with the colours in the kawaii fabric :)

Jemma. said...

That's a super elaborate 7 year old project.... I love it!